The International Innovators of Justice Forum, featuring a panel of influential national leaders of the community, media, human rights & wrongful conviction activists as well as others will be at our preliminary informal events starting Nov 4.
LOS ANGELES, CA, October 31, 2018 /24-7PressRelease/ — Expert Panel Forum + Documentary Series on Human Rights, Wrongful Conviction, Prison Reform, Social Justice, Racial Bias, Police and Prosecutorial Accountability in the Era of Many Wrongful Convictions and False Allegations Being Exposed.
The International Innovators of Justice Forum, featuring a panel of influential national leaders of the community, media, human rights & wrongful conviction activists as well as others will be at our preliminary informal events starting with our Nov. 4th event in Malibu, LA. The 2019 Tour schedule includes New York- Miami-London-Dubai-New Delhi- Mumbai- Varanasi (India)-Toronto-Dallas-Los Angeles- San Francisco-San Diego. All Events will be filmed.
WHEN & WHERE: On Nov 4th 2018, Malibu, LA. Media and VIP contact Mini 818-613-9722
Featuring advocates and experts: Exoneree Jeffrey Deskovic, Bill Bastuk, Patty Lopez Former Assemblywoman, Michelle Malkin (CRTC host), Amy Povah, Rajish Jose esq., and others.
The International Innovators forum & documentary series will feature the individuals and entities that have maximized their impact in various industries including justice, business, medicine, literature, arts & culture, technology, sports, entertainment, and public service. Nominees & recipients of the 2019 Awards will be announced soon. This is a unique opportunity for community members, students, and future leader to get involved in important work regarding civil rights, human rights, protection of due process, racial bias, law enforcement misconduct, and wrongful conviction, rather than merely complaining about the problems, as we work towards real-world solutions.
Visionary Governor’s like California’s Governor Jerry Brown have not only pioneered & passed several bills that hold law enforcement accountable for misconduct but revamped the California Department of Corrections and has aggressively moved to reform the system, reduce incarceration population and rehabilitate prisoners for reentry into society as productive citizens, while New York’s Governor Cuomo recently signed a bill creating the countries first Commission on Prosecutorial Conduct.
We will be actively working with the Department of Correction Institution, wardens, therapists, victim support groups and prisoners ( convicted as well as exonerated) during similar events and developing Inside Out Solutions including a crime prevention and program and apps: designed with contribution by the most innovative tech leaders alongside forensic experts, attorneys law enforcement & authorities, as well as prisoners who are en route to rehabilitation and or have evidence of factual innocence.
This epidemic has taken a huge toll on everyone, from the falsely accused and their families to taxpayers while distracting from and making a mockery of those who may be real victims of abuse.
In the background of false allegations being exposed every day, the panel will explore navigating fact-finding of abuses without compromising due process of an accused or the presumption of innocence. The panel explores how to navigate between fact-finding of abuses, without compromising the due process presumption of innocence of an accused or ignoring the harsh reality of false allegation, credibility- memory issues, racial bias, and law enforcement misconduct- witch-hunts causing wrongful convictions.
The panel explores how to navigate between fact-finding of abuses, without compromising the due process presumption of innocence of an accused or ignoring the harsh reality of false allegation, credibility- memory issues, racial bias, and law enforcement misconduct- witch hunts causing wrongful convictions http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-wrongful-conviction-suit- … story.html and Anand Jon Alexander, who just won all outstanding out-of-state cases a few months ago and is currently seeking relief from his Californian wrongful convictions http://m.ilatimes.com/article.php?id=99457 based on newly discovered & previously withheld evidence of factual innocence and multiple due process violations including what one of our panelist’s, Former Assemblywoman Patty Lopez, author of California A. B 1909 [which criminalized withholding exculpatory evidence] described as “utterly shocking” police misconduct. The frequency of the scope of wrongful conviction was discussed in the article entitled “The Staggering Number of Wrongful Convictions in America” (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-cost-of-convicting-the-in … da0d8adebf https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/10/report-wro … efendants/).
Our Supporters, Sponsors and Invitees
• Jeffrey Deskovic, exoneree/activist who was instrumental in New York Governor Cuomo
signing the prosecutorial misconduct Watchdog group (https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/new-yorks-prosecutorial-m … aking.html)
• Bill Bastuk, Former New York councilman and founder of http://itcouldhappen2you.org
• Patty Lopez, former California Assemblywoman, who authored California Assembly Bill 1909
which Governor Jerry Brown signed into law (2017) (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/californiaprosecutor-misconduct- … a52d2f4d65)
• Nelson Pichardo, Former Legislative Director and Chief of Staff for Former California Assembly Member Patty Lopez D-39
• Princess Maria of Philippines, Founder of We Care for Humanity Charity
http://www.wecareforhumanity.org/blogs/hh-princess-maria-amor-torres- … -president
• Amy Povah, who upon presidential clemency started The Can-Do Foundation
• Mani Grewal, District 1 Councilman
• Steve DiLorenzo, Court-appointed investigator, http://cover2investigations.com/, President of Auburn Technical, former San Francisco Police Department
• Eric Agaki, Owner Hover View Investigations Agency Los Angeles
• Michelle Malkin, Author and host of CRTC (https://www.conservativereview.com/news/michelle-malkin-screen-crtv-s … l-weekend/)
• Rabbi Howard Winkler, Los Angeles County Commission Alcohol & Drugs
• Dr. Diana Everstine, Expert psychologist, Institute for Behavior Assessment
• Dr. Carol Walser Expert witness neuropsychology
• Dr. Theodore Harriton, Medical forensic expert
• Drew Lanzetta Court-appointed internet & computer forensic expert
• Shannan Taylor, Former New York judge, and current radio show host
• Corey Parker, Appellate Specialist, Council for American Justice Alliance
• Dana Cole, Legal analyst for ABC news
• Attorneys Raj Jose (Dallas, Texas) and Attorney Tim Milner (Los Angeles)
• Attorney Cliff Gardner, Professor at Berkeley
• Attorney Kent Russell author of California habeas handbook
This series is made possible by the DeskovicFoundation.Org, Moishe Mana of Mana Contemporary, The American Justice Alliance, Mr. & Mrs. Sant Chatwal (Dream Hotels Group LLC), catering by Tandoori Garden, Dr. Amarjit S Marwah, Jaspal Singh Family, and Mr. Mohan Singh Makkar
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here