Here are 7 tips that can save you a lot of stress and money dealing with home water damage.
PHILADELPHIA, PA, January 24, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ —
1) Keep gutters and downspouts clean. Gutters can fill with debris, causing clogs. If gutters get clogged, water will begin to pool and overflow down the side of your home damaging siding and foundations. You should clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid any blockages.
2) Inspect your roof. Your roof is exposed to all the elements and is your home’s first line of defense from these elements. You should be sure that your roofing material is not lose or damaged, perform routine maintenance on your roof.
3) Maintain trees and vegetation around your home. Trees and shrubs can have invasive root systems. If planted near utility pipes, water lines, or the foundation of your home, they can cause some serious damage.
4) Check your irrigation systems often. Water can easily pool in yards from broken sprinkler pipes. Make sure there are no leaking sprinklers, or areas where water is pooling. Keep up on proper maintenance of your sprinkling system and if you live in an area that has freezing winters, be sure to get your pipes blown out before cold weather hits.
5) Know where your water main is located. Most homeowners do not know their water main line and shut off is located. If you know how and where to shut the water off to your home, you can help prevent costly water damage if a leak happens. If you are going to be away from your home for extended amounts of time, it is a good idea to turn off your water main.
6) Check your appliances regularly. Dishwashers and water heaters are just a few appliances used daily that have a water supply. Keep appliances maintained and in good working order to help prevent leaks and other issues. Water heaters are prone to rust and corrosion, which can spring leaks. Have your water heater serviced regularly.
7) Inspect faucets and pipes to check for leaks. Leaky faucets are extremely common, and a leaky faucet not only wastes a lot of water, but also can cause flooding. You should also check cabinets under sinks for
First Choice Restoration is a licensed and insured provider of emergency cleanup and restoration services. Our team of highly qualified restoration professionals provides a timely cleanup consistent with the highest standards of quality. We service all forms of damage caused by water, fire, wind, and storm damage. We also offer mold assessment / remediation as well as roofing repairs and total reconstruction services.
Contact First Choice Restoration at 1-800-370-0770 for a free consultation or appointment or visit us online at firstchoicerestore.com.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here